The Eclipse Foundation is one of the world’s largest open source software foundations, with a proven track record of enabling developer-focused open source innovation earned over 16 years. The Foundation has more than 415 collaborative projects including Eclipse Adoptium, Jakarta EE, and the Eclipse IDE and more than 20 Working Groups.
The Eclipse Foundation Security Team top priority is to help Eclipse Projects developing and releasing secured software. It strives to advance, promote, and disseminate the security policies, procedures, and guidelines based on industry best practices.
The SecOps engineer will work with the Eclipse Foundation Security and IT Teams, helping secure and protect network systems, applications, and data. They plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive information (e.g., PII) and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. They will also plan, deploy and secure a signing service based on SigStore (https://www.sigstore.dev/). Most of the services at the Eclipse Foundation are deployed on Kubernetes. The SecOps Engineer reports to and works with the Head of Security at the Eclipse Foundation.
This is a remote-only position. The successful candidate can be located in Canada, Europe, or the US. The Eclipse Foundation is global in scope, it is headquartered in Belgium.
- Plan, deploy and maintain security monitoring solutions.
- Administrate and strengthen Eclipse Foundation’s Identity Provider (Keycloak)
- Deploy and administer a secret vault to be used by the infrastructure (e.g., Hashicorp Vault)
- Deploy an Eclipse Foundation custom Sigstore instance, collaborating with the Sigstore community about this unique setup.
- Write technical documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience as a Security Engineer or as a system administrator with a strong security focus.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience writing high quality materials
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English with proven proficiency of working in an English business environment
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Openshift/OKD is a plus
- Experience with administering Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with participating in open source projects (either as a committer or a contributor)
- Experience in working in a remote-first / remote-only environment and with a distributed team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/
Eclipse respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.