The Eclipse Foundation is one of the world’s largest open source software foundations, with a proven track record of enabling developer-focused open source innovation earned over 19 years. The Foundation is the home of numerous industry-leading projects and collaborations including Adoptium, Software Defined Vehicle, Eclipse IDE, IOT and Jakarta EE. Supported by over 350 members globally, the Foundation has an established international reach and reputation.
The Conference Coordinator will play an integral role in community outreach and engagement for the Eclipse Foundation. Specifically, the foundation and its major working groups such as the Eclipse Software Defined Vehicle participate in many virtual and in-person events, both hosted by 3rd parties as well as hosted by the foundation itself. This role is responsible for the successful preparation for and implementation of event sponsorships, trade show booths, and general logistics coordination for the Foundation at these events. As part of the Marketing team, this role will ensure our events are executed professionally, ensuring community engagement and satisfaction, and driving overall audience growth.
The successful candidate will be a highly creative and enthusiastic self-starter who strives for excellence, with a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and team members. This position requires attention to detail, relationship building, and project management skills.
This remote position is open to people in any location in Europe; however, preference will be given to candidates who are located in the Frankfurt/Darmstadt area of Germany.
- Coordinate all internal and external stakeholders to plan for and execute tradeshows and events for the Foundation, the Software Defined Vehicle Working Group and other assigned Working Groups
- Manage a conference playbook for each event that includes coordinating event timelines, scheduling, communicating with booth staff, and managing logistics
- Work with the Eclipse Foundation Marketing team to coordinate promotion, graphic design, and swag ordering and delivery for various events
- Assist in maintaining the conference schedule and budget for the Eclipse Foundation and assigned Working Groups
- Coordinate with our member community to enable their participation and engagement as representatives of the Eclipse community at the events
- As required, set up and manage tools to capture leads and coordinate follow-up communications
- Analyze and present post event reports, regularly report on overall event participation and engagement, and develop best practices
- As a strong voice in our marketing team, propose creative new ways to improve the experience of the attendees and to drive additional value for Eclipse’s participation in events
- Propose improved ways of operating based on your experience at conferences and events
- Generally engage as an active member of the Foundation’s marketing team and to carry out overall duties as called upon
- This position requires periodic travel to events
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in event planning and management, including logistics, scheduling, and vendor relationship management
- Comfortable representing the Eclipse Foundation at events
- High attention to detail with superior organizational skills
- Proven experience with project planning and execution
- Experience working in developer communities; knowledge of the Eclipse Foundation community is an asset
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required; fluency in German and/or French is beneficial
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/
Eclipse respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.