Head of Software Defined Vehicle Ecosystem Development
The Eclipse Foundation is a global leading software organization with a proven track record of enabling open source innovation at industrial scale. Supported by over 330 members globally, including adding more than 90 new members in the past year, the Foundation has an established international reach and reputation. Our Eclipse Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) working group is one of the most exciting and innovative automotive industry initiatives today.
The SDV working group is dedicated to developing a new and innovative software platform for the world’s automotive industry. The SDV initiative has the support of leading companies across the automotive, IT, cloud, silicon, and services industries, all of which are necessary to create the platform and ecosystem that will drive innovation for the next generation of mobility solutions. Members of the SDV working group include Accenture, ARM, AVL, Bosch, Capgemini, Cariad, Continental Automotive, DMI, ETAS, Futurewei Technologies, Karakun, Microsoft, Red Hat, Reycom, SUSE, and ZF among others.
The Head of SDV Ecosystem Development will have a direct leadership impact on growing industry adoption of our open source automotive products, projects, specifications, and technologies. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a technical executive in the automotive software industry. If you are curious and are looking for an opportunity to shape the future of open source in the automotive industry, this is the job for you!
The Head of SDV Ecosystem Development will be the executive and community leader for the SDV working group initiative and help drive it to become the leading open source community for automotive software. They will promote growth, participation and adoption of the projects around the globe. This experienced executive will build relationships with the key decision makers and line of business owners at the member companies to ensure their continued support and participation of Eclipse SDV working group and associated projects. The candidate will be the key driver for the adoption of the Eclipse SDV working group technologies in automotive series development. The candidate will leverage their experience and extensive network in the automotive industry to recruit new members.
- Work with the Steering Committee to define and execute the global strategy for SDV.
- Help establish and drive SDV and Eclipse as THE place for industry leading automotive open source initiatives.
- Engage directly with automotive executives to communicate the SDV value proposition, advantages of open source, SDV strategic vision and the benefits of the Eclipse Foundation.
- Actively recruit companies including enterprises to join the SDV working group
- Encourage leading automotive companies to support, contribute to and adopt SDV projects and technologies especially in series development and production environments
- Raise awareness about SDV’s initiatives through such activities as speaking at conferences and events, engaging industry analysts and conducting press interviews.
- Build close working relationships with companies and leaders within the SDV community.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Eclipse team members to successfully execute and deliver on the SDV program plan.
- Regularly update executives from member companies on the progress and accomplishments of the SDV working group.
- Collaborate with community stakeholders to foster successful open source projects and open specifications.
- Engage directly with executives of related automotive initiatives like AUTOSAR, Covesa, strengthen the cooperation and establish the right level of integration. Ensure a joint positioning for the automotive industry
- Minimum of 15 years experience within the automotive ecosystem with most of it in an executive position leading a software/electronics development group
- Rich network of executive level and decision-maker contacts in the automotive industry
- Understanding of the challenges in developing and maintaining enterprise and critical system software
- Demonstrated success in engaging with and influencing executives and line of business leaders.
- Engaging and effective communicator, both in large public speaking situations such as conferences and in more intimate personal settings.
- Fluent in English with a proven track record of working in an English business environment. Proficiency in German is a plus.
- Experience delivering critical software and/or enterprise systems
- Familiarity with open source software model and benefits
- Knowledge of automotive industry initiatives such as AUTOSAR, Catena-X, Covesa
- Business Development or Sales experience
Location of Position
- Work from where you are in Europe. The Eclipse Foundation is global in scope and is domiciled in Belgium, with staff located in Europe, Canada and the United States.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/.