The Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH is hiring for its OpenHW Europe Working Group a HW Verification Engineer. Working as a member of the Eclipse Research Team, and working closely with the OpenHW Technical Working Group, the candidate will work to verify at industrial-grade open-source IPs based on RISC-V.
Through the OpenHW Europe Working Group, we are recruiting for the role of HW Verification Engineer that will primarily contribute to the TRISTAN project for the next 3 years. The TRISTAN (Together for RISc-V Technology and ApplicatioNs) project is a KDT-JU European Union-funded project that aims to expand, mature, and industrialize the European RISC-V ecosystem for the next generation of industrial hardware so that it is able to compete with existing commercial/proprietary alternatives. The project will address SW to EDA tools, all the way to RTL components, ensuring a complete stack based on RISC-V.TRISTAN includes several work packages that will cover 1) requirements collections of the European market needs; 2) development of industrial-grade CPU and SoC building blocks; 3) software stacks; 4) and applications/demo development.
A major focus for TRISTAN is to provide European digital sovereignty and democratic access to most of the RISC-V IPs As such, a significant portion of the developed IP blocks under TRISTAN will be released as open-source IPs.
The OpenHW Group ecosystem, and in particular, the OpenHW Europe Eclipse Foundation Working Group, provides industrial-grade open-source IPs verified to be compliant with a Technology Readiness Level greater than or equal to TRL5.
We are looking for a Hardware Verification Engineer that extends the OpenHW Group ecosystem.
In this role you will:
- Carrying out typical research tasks including dissemination, reporting, etc.
- Support the specific initiatives of the OpenHW Technical Working Group to drive interest, participation, and adoption beyond just the TRISTAN project
- Support the broader objectives of the EF's European research team, including
- Lead the activities of the Eclipse Foundation to support the European research ecosystem, more specifically in the OpenHW Europe working group activities.
- Initiate and organize dissemination and community-building activities for the projects, leveraging existing Eclipse Foundation initiatives and assets
- Facilitate project participation at events such as conferences to benefit the projects
- Enable dissemination through web assets, newsletters and Eclipse-related social media
- Complete regular reporting (workload and expenses) as required by the EU processes
- Support research project developers in working with the Eclipse Development Process (EDP) and open source and open hardware best practices
- Represent the Eclipse Foundation and OpenHW Europe working group at research project meetings and reviews
- Encourage synergies among the EU projects and Eclipse Foundation members
- Use SystemVerilog and UVM to create and extend our testbenches: you should know how to verify IPs with random instructions
- Use GitHub to integrate and maintain everything open-source on GitHub under [core-v-verif](https://github.com/openhwgroup/core-v-verif)
- Verify CPUs based on RISC-V
- Verify peripherals such as UART, SPI, GPIOs, interrupt controllers, and interconnects
- Integrate and extend existing CPUs to support extra features
- Integrate and extend new co-processors
- Work fully remotely in a large and global team.
To accomplish the above missions, you should:
- Be very confident with SystemVerilog and UVM for use with coverage-driven, constrained-random verification strategies.
- A working knowledge of:
- Linux, Make, and Python.
- Computer architectures of general-purpose CPUs
- Peripheral busses, interrupt controllers, and peripherals such as UART, SPI, and GPIOs.
- A commercial SystemVerilog simulator and associated debug and coverage tools.
- Familiarity with Formal Verification, RTL design, RISC-V ISA, and Git would also be an as
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) in EE or CS with 5+ years of experience
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- This remote position is open to people in any location in Italy, France, Spain, or Germany.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/
Eclipse respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.